Chocolate Coffee Recipe
A rich whipped chocolate mixture from our Test Kitchen is used to flavor coffee and to make hot chocolate. Set out a small serving bowl, spoon some of the mixture into mugs and add hot coffee or milk.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 8 cups hot strong brewed coffee or whole milk
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, whisk the sugar, cocoa and water until smooth. Cook and whisk over medium-low heat until mixture forms soft peaks when whisk is lifted and resembles thick hot fudge sauce, about 35 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and salt. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Beat the chocolate mixture. Add 2 cups whipped cream; mix well. Fold in remaining whipped cream. For each serving, place about 1/2 cup chocolate cream in 2/3 cup coffee or milk; stir to blend. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 362 calories, 30 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Coffee
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC