A rich whipped chocolate mixture from our Test Kitchen is used to flavor coffee and to make hot chocolate. Set out a small serving bowl, spoon some of the mixture into mugs and add hot coffee or milk.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 8 cups hot strong brewed coffee or whole milk
- In a large heavy saucepan, whisk the sugar, cocoa and water until
- smooth. Cook and whisk over medium-low heat until mixture forms soft
- peaks when whisk is lifted and resembles thick hot fudge sauce,
- about 35 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and salt.
- Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Beat the chocolate mixture. Add 2 cups whipped cream; mix well. Fold
- in remaining whipped cream. For each serving, place about 1/2 cup
- chocolate cream in 2/3 cup coffee or milk; stir to blend. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 362 calories, 30 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.