- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 8 cups hot strong brewed coffee or whole milk
- In a large heavy saucepan, whisk the sugar, cocoa and water until smooth. Cook and whisk over medium-low heat until mixture forms soft peaks when whisk is lifted and resembles thick hot fudge sauce, about 35 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and salt. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Beat the chocolate mixture. Add 2 cups whipped cream; mix well. Fold in remaining whipped cream. For each serving, place about 1/2 cup chocolate cream in 2/3 cup coffee or milk; stir to blend. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Coffee in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p78
Reviews for Chocolate Coffee
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2009
"109 MG of CHOLSETERTOL? What does does that come down to for 1 Cup of coffee?Is it safe to drink?Susan"