Chocolate-Coffee Bean Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 28 wafers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 quarts coffee ice cream, softened
- 1/3 cup chocolate-covered coffee beans, finely chopped
- 2-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate curls and additional chocolate-covered coffee beans
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine ice cream and coffee beans; spoon over crust. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar, cocoa and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over ice cream. (Pan will be full.)
- Cover and freeze for 4 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls and coffee beans. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate-Coffee Bean Ice Cream Cake(8)
Sort By :
I don't like coffee so I used mint choc. chip ice cream and made the whipped cream part as the recipe says. It was yummy. You could use any kind of ice cream that you like and add the whipped cream part the way you like also. There are so many variations.
Walgreens has chocolate covered coffee beans. This recipe is great.
Not being a coffee ice cream lover, I changed it to french vanilla ice cream w/choc. chips YUM!! (no stars came up SO.... 5 stars)
Havn't tried the recipe yet, but I will. I get my chocolate covered coffee beans at the coffee shop at the mall.
Can get chocolate covered coffee beans at Trader Joe's or Whole Foods. Good luck!
More Recipe Collections
- Birthday Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Ice Cream >
- Chocolate Ice Cream Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Coffee Ice Cream >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Homemade Ice Cream Cakes >
- Ice Cream Cake >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >