Chocolate-Coffee Bean Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 28 wafers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 quarts coffee ice cream, softened
- 1/3 cup chocolate-covered coffee beans, finely chopped
- 2-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate curls and additional chocolate-covered coffee beans
- 1. In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine ice cream and coffee beans; spoon over crust. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar, cocoa and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over ice cream. (Pan will be full.)
- 4. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls and coffee beans. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice (calculated without garnishes) equals 512 calories, 36 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate-Coffee Bean Ice Cream Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.