Chocolate-Coffee Bean Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 28 wafers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 quarts coffee ice cream, softened
- 1/3 cup chocolate-covered coffee beans, finely chopped
- 2-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate curls and additional chocolate-covered coffee beans
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine ice cream and coffee beans; spoon over crust. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar, cocoa and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over ice cream. (Pan will be full.)
- Cover and freeze for 4 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls and coffee beans. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate-Coffee Bean Ice Cream Cake
Sort By :
"Made this with Oreo cookie crumble crust instead and use cappuccino frozen yogurt ice cream (it is soft to begin with so it made mixing really easy). I missed the part about chocolate covered coffee beans, so I just got french vanilla coffee beans and put chocolate chips in the chopper when chopping up the coffee beans. It was a great hit! Thanks for the recipe :)"
"Walgreens has chocolate covered coffee beans. This recipe is great."
"Not being a coffee ice cream lover, I changed it to french vanilla ice cream w/choc. chips YUM!! (no stars came up SO.... 5 stars)"
"Havn't tried the recipe yet, but I will. I get my chocolate covered coffee beans at the coffee shop at the mall."
"Can get chocolate covered coffee beans at Trader Joe's or Whole Foods. Good luck!"