Chocolate-Coffee Bean Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 28 wafers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 quarts coffee ice cream, softened
- 1/3 cup chocolate-covered coffee beans, finely chopped
- 2-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate curls and additional chocolate-covered coffee beans
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine ice cream and coffee beans; spoon over crust. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar, cocoa and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over ice cream. (Pan will be full.)
- Cover and freeze for 4 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls and coffee beans. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate-Coffee Bean Ice Cream Cake
Sort By :
"Made this with Oreo cookie crumble crust instead and use cappuccino frozen yogurt ice cream (it is soft to begin with so it made mixing really easy). I missed the part about chocolate covered coffee beans, so I just got french vanilla coffee beans and put chocolate chips in the chopper when chopping up the coffee beans. It was a great hit! Thanks for the recipe :)"
"I don't like coffee so I used mint choc. chip ice cream and made the whipped cream part as the recipe says. It was yummy. You could use any kind of ice cream that you like and add the whipped cream part the way you like also. There are so many variations."
"Walgreens has chocolate covered coffee beans. This recipe is great."
"Not being a coffee ice cream lover, I changed it to french vanilla ice cream w/choc. chips YUM!! (no stars came up SO.... 5 stars)"
"Havn't tried the recipe yet, but I will. I get my chocolate covered coffee beans at the coffee shop at the mall."