“I search all year long for new recipes to try and give away to friends and family, and I make hundreds of cookies each year. These cookies taste just like a Mounds bar.” —Linda Kappelt, Linesville, Pennsylvania
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, chocolate and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Stir in coconut and nuts. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape dough into an 8-1/2-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Shape coconut mixture into an 8-1/2-in. log; place on dough. Wrap dough around filling, sealing the seam. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Coconut Slices in Taste of Home August/September 2009, p50
Reviews for Chocolate Coconut Slices
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review