- in the coconut. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and remaining sugar until light and
- fluffy. Beat in the eggs, egg yolk, sour cream, and remaining
- vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking
- soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with coffee,
- beating well after each addition.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 10-in. tube pan. Top with
- coconut mixture; spread with the remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, chocolate chips, confectioners'
- sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; beat until
- smooth. Spread over the top and sides of cake. Yield: 12-16
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 478 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.