Chocolate Coconut Dessert Bars
"It's impossible to resist this scrumptious dessert," says field editor Carolyn Kyzer of Alexander, Arkansas. "With nuts, chocolate and a creamy cheesecake-like layer, these treats taste like homemade candy bars. I keep the ingredients on hand so I can whip up a batch anytime."
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Unroll crescent roll dough into one long rectangle on an ungreased
- baking sheet; seal seams and perforations. Roll out into a 13-in. x
- 9-in. rectangle, building up dough around edges.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and egg
- until smooth; stir in coconut. Spread over crust.
- Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until cream cheese mixture is
- set. Immediately sprinkle with chips. Let stand for 5 minutes;
- spread melted chips over the top. Sprinkle with nuts. Cool
- completely before cutting. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 217 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.