- stir 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat. Stir in butter and
- vanilla. Pour 1-1/2 cups mixture into small bowl; add coconut to
- bowl and set aside.
- Combine chocolate layer ingredients; blend into remaining mixture in
- saucepan. Return to heat; cook and stir until mixture begins to
- boil. Remove from the heat; spread 1 cup over bottom of pie crust.
- Top with coconut mixture and finish with remaining chocolate
- For meringue, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Spread over hot
- filling, sealing to edges of pie crust. Bake at 350° for 12-15
- minutes or until lightly browned. Cool to room temperature; chill
- several hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 396 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now