Chocolate Coconut Candies Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-3/4 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Optional ingredients: flaked coconut, chopped almonds, sliced almonds and sprinkles
- In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, coconut, almonds and milk. Shape into 1-in. balls. Refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt semisweet chips and shortening on high for about 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Coat or garnish with ingredients of your choice. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Coconut Candies
Sort By :
"These taste just like an Almond Joy or Mounds Bar! I did not use the shortening. I simply melted milk chocolate chips, and chocolate melts in the microwave (stirring every 30 seconds until smooth) to dip the coconut balls into!"
"I made these for work for our Christmas sweet week & received so many compliments, saying your candies were the Bomb! Or I don't know which I like better, your peanut butter fudge, these coconut balls or the peanut butter balls! Now I'm making another batch for Christmas day! I use my 1/2 tbsp. for scooping, but I still think this is a tiny bit to big of a bite size since they are soo sweet. I also added 1-1/2 tsp. of almond extract. I chopped my coconut in my chopper to make smaller pieces, thinking this would help more on scooping out smaller portions. After dipping in the chocolate & while still warm, I also sprinkled some sprinkles used for Christmas cookies on top, some with coconut flakes & some with the left over almonds crushed on top. Not only did they look pretty, but they truely were the BOMB!"
"I left out the almonds and the candies still turned out good, but Extra sweet. I think they would have been way better with some nutty crunch. I 'd also suggest that you chop up the coconut a little before mixing it in."
"i love (LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) coconut (at first i spelled coconut wrong):) :) :) :)"
"I had to add a little more sweetened condensed milk than the recipe called for. Really easy to make. :)"