Chocolate Coconut Candies
These candies disappear just as fast as I put them out. They're a snap to whip up and make a beautiful presentation on any holiday cookie plate. I mound them high and sprinkle with coconut…then watch them vanish! —Mary Ann Marino, West Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
30 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-3/4 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Optional ingredients: flaked coconut, chopped almonds, Diamond of California Sliced Almonds and sprinkles
- In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, coconut, almonds
- and milk. Shape into 1-in. balls. Refrigerate until firm, about 20
- In a microwave, melt semisweet chips and shortening on high for about
- 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals,
- stirring until smooth.
- Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Coat or garnish
- with ingredients of your choice. Place on waxed paper; let stand
- until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 candy (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 157 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.