Chocolate Coconut Bundt Cake Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, water and vanilla. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Pour 3 cups into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a small bowl, combine the coconut, milk and extract. Drop by spoonfuls onto batter. Cover with remaining batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost with chocolate frosting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 492 calories, 26g fat (9g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 452mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Coconut Bundt Cake
"The cake itself is good..the filling may not be to some people's taste. If you look at other recipes, the coconut has 2 of the egg whites beaten stiffly with sugar, then a small amount of flour and the coconut folded it. This makes a lovely filling that isnt heavy and wont sink. Try it both ways!!!"
"I haven't made it before but I have had it at a friend's house."
"I was disappointed, it looks better than it was. It was very dry and the filling was not great either. Sorry I didn't like it :("
"what do you do with the remainding condensed milk if you don't have an immediate use for it? can it be frozen?"