- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, water and vanilla. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour 3 cups into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a small bowl, combine the coconut, milk and extract. Drop by spoonfuls onto batter. Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost with chocolate frosting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Coconut Bundt Cake
Sort By :
"BEWARE; When I took cake out of oven, the filling had fallen to the base of the pan ; since I made this for Christmas--and I am the Grnad'mere!!- It is now going to have to be called "pudding cake"!I am totally disappointed in this recipe...I wouldn't make it again..Maybe we'll get a laugh out of it at our annual family gathering!! (In the meantime I am making brownies just in case0"
"When I cut the cake, the coconut filling separated from the cake & I ended up with a lot of crumbs on the platter. It was tasty, but I probably wouldn't make it again."
"I was not happy with this cake at all, nor was anyone it was served to. Maybe i did something wrong, normalling I am a very good baker and love to bake. I just didn't like it."
"I haven't made it before but I have had it at a friend's house."
"I was disappointed, it looks better than it was. It was very dry and the filling was not great either. Sorry I didn't like it :("