Renee Schwebach of Dumont, Minnesota tucks a coconut filling into this moist chocolate Bundt cake. It's easy to assemble with convenience products, including a boxed cake mix, instant pudding mix and canned frosting.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, water and vanilla. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour 3 cups into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a small bowl, combine the coconut, milk and extract. Drop by spoonfuls onto batter. Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost with chocolate frosting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Chocolate Cake in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p9
Reviews for Chocolate Coconut Bundt Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review