Chocolate Coconut Bars
With a middle layer of coconut, these sweet chocolaty treats taste similar to a Mounds candy bar! If time is short, don't wait for the bars to cool-just lay on several thin milk chocolate bars right after you take the pan from the oven and spread them as they melt.
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 plain chocolate candy bar (7 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Combine the crumbs, butter and sugar. Press into a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a
- bowl, combine coconut, milk and pecans; spread over the crust. Bake
- at 350° for 15 minutes; cool completely. In a small saucepan,
- melt candy bar and peanut butter over low heat; spread over bars.
- Cool until set. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 154 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.