With a middle layer of coconut, these sweet chocolaty treats taste similar to a Mounds candy bar! If time is short, don't wait for the bars to cool-just lay on several thin milk chocolate bars right after you take the pan from the oven and spread them as they melt.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 plain chocolate candy bar (7 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Combine the crumbs, butter and sugar. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine coconut, milk and pecans; spread over the crust. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes; cool completely. In a small saucepan, melt candy bar and peanut butter over low heat; spread over bars. Cool until set. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Coconut Bars in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p29
Reviews for Chocolate Coconut Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review