Chocolate Coconut Bars Recipe
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 plain chocolate candy bar (7 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Combine the crumbs, butter and sugar. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine coconut, milk and pecans; spread over the crust. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes; cool completely. In a small saucepan, melt candy bar and peanut butter over low heat; spread over bars. Cool until set. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Coconut Bars
Sort By :
because I know these will be fantastic. I have chocolate condensed in the house so going to try that. will report back
I used 7 oz of chocolate chips, as a reviewer suggested, and the frosting turned out great. We love coconut, so these bars were a hit with my husband. I thought they were easy to make.
I did something wrong cause the coconut filling wouldn't spread and tring to spead it caused my crust to break up, so it ended up just globbed in the middle. But the flavor was awesome!! My husband took a bite and said "oh wow!" Definitely will try again and see if I can get it to look right this time!
If you like "mounds" l-like bars-you"ll love these! Easy!
I received so many compliments for these cookies during Christmas time. I made them for a cookie party and for Christmas and everyone loved them!!