"It's impossible to resist the flavorful chocolate sauce that appears when this delightful cake bakes," remarks Margaret McNeil of Germantown, Tennessee.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup baking cocoa, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-3/4 cups hot water
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and 2 tablespoons cocoa. Stir in
- milk and oil until smooth. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking
- pan. Combine the brown sugar and remaining cocoa; sprinkle over
- batter. Pour hot water over top (do not stir). Bake at 350°
- for 40-45 minutes or until top of cake springs back when lightly
- touched. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 267 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.