Chocolate Cobbler Recipe
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup baking cocoa, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-3/4 cups hot water
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and 2 tablespoons cocoa. Stir in milk and oil until smooth. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Combine the brown sugar and remaining cocoa; sprinkle over batter. Pour hot water over top (do not stir). Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until top of cake springs back when lightly touched. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Cobbler(6)
Sort By :
this is the best,i have been making this for years,i love it warm with melted butter,makes me think of momma's chocolate gravy!!!yummy!!!
Have been wanting to try this one and finally did tonight......It's a keeper!!!! Was it ever yummy!!! Will be making this one again!
Had it at a friends house and will be making it myself.
I found this recipe in the Taste of Home magazine about 5 years...Delish! Another keeper!
I THOUGHT this recipe sounded great, then realized it's one of my family favorites with another name: we call it Brownie Pudding because it bakes up like brownies over a fudgy thick pudding. We double it and bake in a 13x9" pan, using 2 cups boiling water on the top, and never worry about leftovers: it's even better cold the next day!