- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces dark chocolate candy coating
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in orange peel and extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into 36 pieces; shape each into a 2-1/2-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip ends of cookies in coating; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with almonds. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Dipped Orange Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p143
Reviews for Chocolate Coated Orange Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2012
"Wonderfully light and delicate cookie. Easy to make and presents well. Just delicate so be careful when dipping to keep from breaking."
Reviewed May. 19, 2012
"These cookies were pretty & delicious! The cookie melts in your mouth."