- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic,
- about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease
- top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each
- portion into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle; brush with melted butter.
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon, chocolate chips and nuts if desired;
- sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up each jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams
- to seal. Cut each into 10 slices. Place cut side down in a greased
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until
- doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar,
- vanilla and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Spread over
- rolls while slightly warm; sprinkle with additional chocolate chips
- if desired. Yield: 20 rolls.
Nutritional Facts: 1 roll (calculated without nuts and additional chips) equals 243 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.