Chocolate Cinnamon Crescents Recipe
I dress up ordinary crescent with cinnamon and chocolate to create mouthwatering breakfast rolls. A little glaze ans sprinkling of nuts tops them nicely.—Denise Hayward, Ames, Iowa
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios, pecans or almonds
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- Finely chopped pistachios, pecans or almonds
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa and cinnamon. Add 1 tablespoon butter; mix well. Separate crescent dough into 16 triangles. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Sprinkle cocoa mixture and nuts over each triangle; roll up. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks.
- 2. For glaze, in a bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over rolls. Sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 16 rolls.
1 serving (1 each) equals 122 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC