Chocolate Cinnamon Crescents Recipe
I dress up ordinary crescent with cinnamon and chocolate to create mouthwatering breakfast rolls. A little glaze ans sprinkling of nuts tops them nicely.—Denise Hayward, Ames, Iowa
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios, pecans or almonds
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- Finely chopped pistachios, pecans or almonds
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa and cinnamon. Add 1 tablespoon butter; mix well. Separate crescent dough into 16 triangles. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Sprinkle cocoa mixture and nuts over each triangle; roll up. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks.
- 2. For glaze, in a bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over rolls. Sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 16 rolls.
1 each: 122 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Cinnamon Crescents
Reviewed Dec. 7, 2009
"Delicious and takes no time to make"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC