- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in confectioners' sugar.
- Bake at 300° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Chunk Shortbread in Country Woman March/April 2001, p35
Reviews for Chocolate Chunk Shortbread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2010
"I have made this recipe for many years - and they are delicious!"
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2009
"I just made this recipe. I did a test sheet the cookies spread and were like lace. I chilled the dough for 2 hours baked as directed the cookies still spread."