Chocolate is a nice addition to shortbread, as this scrumptious recipe proves. The shortbread cookies are delicious served with a cold glass of milk.—Brenda Mumma, Airdrie, Alberta
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in confectioners' sugar.
- Bake at 300° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Chunk Shortbread in Country Woman March/April 2001, p35
Reviews for Chocolate Chunk Shortbread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review