Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1-3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites, egg, applesauce, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 32 muffins.
Reviews for Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
Sort By :
"These were delicious! I ate one for dessert and heated it lightly in the microwave until the chocolate chips were gooey. Excellent muffins! (They freeze well too)."
"Yummy! This reminds me of a wonderful bed and breakfast that served these warm, softly melting and chocolately delicious. I make extra and freeze them. Plus, I add extra chocolate chips on top as the cool off."
"Turned out really moist, and I love the fact that they're healthy. Made them for my boyfriend (who isn't exactly a health food advocate) and he loved them! Definitely will make again."
"Delicious!! We love these...they are easy to make and freeze well."
"Excellent receipe. My Grandchildren love them and they don't like much. Especially since it has applesauce and wheat flour in it but they don,t know it has some good stuff in it. They just know it tastes good! Thanks to the gal in Wyoming!"