Your friends will love the sweet surprise of finding a chocolate pecan pie under their Christmas tree. I enjoy giving this unique gift mix because it's a little bit different from traditional holiday fare.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a bowl, combine sugar and flour; place in a resealable plastic bag and label "Dry Ingredients". Place chips, coconut and pecans in another resealable plastic bag and label "Chocolate Filling Ingredients". Place both bags in a gift basket along with directions for preparing Chocolate Chipper Pie. Store in a cool dry place for up to 3 months. Yield: 1 batch.
- To prepare pie: In large bowl, combine the eggs, butter and contents of "Dry Ingredients" packet; mix well. Stir in the contents of the "Chocolate Filling Ingredients" packet. Spoon into pie shell. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 pie (6-8 servings).
Originally published as Chocolate Chipper Pie Mix in Country Woman November/December 2003, p31
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Chipper Pie Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2011
"I found this after the holidays and made it for a dinner. It was FABULOUS! So easy, so so easy! But not one bite was left!"