Chocolate Chipper Pie Mix Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1. In a bowl, combine sugar and flour; place in a resealable plastic bag and label "Dry Ingredients". Place chips, coconut and pecans in another resealable plastic bag and label "Chocolate Filling Ingredients". Place both bags in a gift basket along with directions for preparing Chocolate Chipper Pie. Store in a cool dry place for up to 3 months. Yield: 1 batch.
- 2. To prepare pie: In large bowl, combine the eggs, butter and contents of "Dry Ingredients" packet; mix well. Stir in the contents of the "Chocolate Filling Ingredients" packet. Spoon into pie shell. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 pie (6-8 servings).
1 piece: 495 calories, 28g fat (13g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Chipper Pie Mix
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.