- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. Rub over beef. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Grill beef, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now