Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Recipe
“Every summer my mother and I try to bake as many loaves of this bread as possible. It’s hard—my five children eat them as soon as they’re cool enough." —Beth Sine, Faulkner, Maryland
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice equals 270 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC