“Every summer my mother and I try to bake as many loaves of this bread as possible. It’s hard—my five children eat them as soon as they’re cool enough." —Beth Sine, Faulkner, Maryland
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010, p55
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review