Chocolate Chip Walnut Tart Recipe
No hassle, no fuss and no leftovers! This pecan pie-like tart is so simple to make, and I always receive compliments when I serve it. —Sue Shank, Harrisonburg, Virginia
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges. Sprinkle walnuts and chocolate chips into crust.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and vanilla. Pour into crust.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until top is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 357 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC