- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges. Sprinkle walnuts and chocolate chips into crust.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and vanilla. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until top is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Walnut Tart
"This is so easy, good and impressive. I've made it a couple of times and everyone just loves it."
"I am a diabetic using diet and exercise to control my bloodsugars, but this recipe sounded wonderful. I used 2 mini phylo shell (ready to eat) 25 calories. I melted 1/2 tsp. butter (17 calories) and 1/4 oz. chopped pecans (50 calories) in the microwave. I put 2 (60% cocoa) dark chocolate chips (17 calories) in each phylo tart and divided the nut mixture between them. I drizzled just a touch of sugar free pancake syrup over the top and put them into the refrigerator to cool. I have 2 mini treats at 55 calories each and no leftovers. I think I captured the flavor of her recipe. Linda"
"I swapped out the walnuts for pecans and it turned out great. Thought it went together pretty quickly as well."
"So good!! Made this last week and am making another this week. I also had to cook it longer than the recipe states, 15 min. more."
"lfidler, just checking... the time you are suggesting is quite a bit different. did you use a dark tart pan? is your oven calibrated correctly normally? just curious.. with dark pans you have to lower cooking temp and cook longer. i guess i can always cook it the 25 mins suggested, and then add time if necessary."