No hassle, no fuss and no leftovers! This pecan pie-like tart is so simple to make, and I always receive compliments when I serve it. —Sue Shank, Harrisonburg, Virginia
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges. Sprinkle walnuts and chocolate chips into crust.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and vanilla. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until top is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Walnut Tart in Taste of Home February/March 2009, p53
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Walnut Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review