Chocolate Chip Walnut Tart Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup coarsely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges. Sprinkle walnuts and chocolate chips into crust.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and vanilla. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until top is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Walnut Tart(8)
Sort By :
I made this for a Thanksgiving dessert. It met our expectations and then some!
This is so easy, good and impressive. I've made it a couple of times and everyone just loves it.
I am a diabetic using diet and exercise to control my bloodsugars, but this recipe sounded wonderful. I used 2 mini phylo shell (ready to eat) 25 calories. I melted 1/2 tsp. butter (17 calories) and 1/4 oz. chopped pecans (50 calories) in the microwave. I put 2 (60% cocoa) dark chocolate chips (17 calories) in each phylo tart and divided the nut mixture between them. I drizzled just a touch of sugar free pancake syrup over the top and put them into the refrigerator to cool. I have 2 mini treats at 55 calories each and no leftovers. I think I captured the flavor of her recipe. Linda
I swapped out the walnuts for pecans and it turned out great. Thought it went together pretty quickly as well.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Chocolate Tart Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Recipes >