Chocolate Chip Waffle Cookies
Making cookies was never so much fun! Kids will love the flavor and novelty, while you appreciate their smiles. (And, of course, a cookie or two.) —Susan Westerfield, Albuquerque, New Mexico
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 5 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the sugars, butter, egg and vanilla. Combine
- the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to sugar mixture.
- Stir in the coconut, cashews and chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto a preheated waffle
- iron coated with cooking spray. Bake for 1-2 minutes or until golden
- brown. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool completely. Dust with
- confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie (calculated without confectioners' sugar) equals 88 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium,