- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the sugars, butter, egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to sugar mixture. Stir in the coconut, cashews and chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto a preheated waffle iron coated with cooking spray. Bake for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Chip Waffle Cookies
"These cute little cookies were a hit with all my co-workers. They deemed me the cookie fairy after nibbling on one. I made mine in a belgium waffle make and they turned out perfect. Only 2 minutes for each batch to cook. They were very crispy right after cooling off (which I love) but when you put them in a container or zippy bag they get nice and soft (which is how everyone at work tasted them). I prefer the crispy texture myself. Oh......did I say I loved the cookies? Thanks for sharing this recipe with us."
"The cookies were very tasty and so easy to make. I used a silicone spatula to get the cookies off the waffle iron.Next time I make them I may add more coconut, didn't have quite enough for me."
"Alright, I am not a baker, but would love to make these again. I thought this would be a fun activity for my daughter and I. She loved to eat the dough and make them. Ours turned out nothing like the picture. I could not get them off the waffle iron without them falling apart, unless they were over done.They tasted good, but were crisp as a waffle cone after they cooled down. Maybe they are suppose to be that way? So, if someone could tell me how to get them golden brown and off the waffle iron... that would be fantastic. My wife would not even eat them..."