Making cookies was never so much fun! Kids will love the flavor and novelty, while you appreciate their smiles. (And, of course, a cookie or two.) —Susan Westerfield, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the sugars, butter, egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to sugar mixture. Stir in the coconut, cashews and chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto a preheated waffle iron coated with cooking spray. Bake for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Waffle Cookies in Simple & Delicious February/March 2011, p43
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Waffle Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review