Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars
“This is so simple and satisfying for a chocolate lover like myself.” No one will resist these crumbly, chocolate chip bars. —Kimberly Post, Colwich, Kansas
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-3/4 cups toffee bits, divided
- In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until
- mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg; mix well. Stir in almonds
- and 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Pour milk over crust; sprinkle with
- 1-1/2 cups toffee bits, reserved topping and remaining chocolate
- chips. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Sprinkle
- with remaining toffee bits. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
- Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bar equals 246 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.