Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars Recipe
“This is so simple and satisfying for a chocolate lover like myself.” No one will resist these crumbly, chocolate chip bars. —Kimberly Post, Colwich, Kansas
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-3/4 cups toffee bits, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg; mix well. Stir in almonds and 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for topping. Press remaining mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake 10 minutes. Pour milk over crust; sprinkle with 1-1/2 cups toffee bits, reserved topping and remaining chocolate chips. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 bar equals 246 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC