Chocolate Chip Strawberry Shortcakes Recipe
More Chocolate Chip Recipes »
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine strawberries and sugar; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine cream and 1/2 cup butter; stir into dry ingredients until a thick batter forms. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- 3. Drop by 1/3 cupfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Brush with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. Cut biscuits in half horizontally. Spoon fruit onto bottom halves. Top with whipped cream if desired; replace biscuit tops. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (calculated without whipped cream) equals 443 calories, 28 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 402 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Strawberry Shortcakes
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.