Chocolate Chip Strawberry Shortcakes Recipe
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine strawberries and sugar; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine cream and 1/2 cup butter; stir into dry ingredients until a thick batter forms. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by 1/3 cupfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Brush with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Cut biscuits in half horizontally. Spoon fruit onto bottom halves. Top with whipped cream if desired; replace biscuit tops. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Strawberry Shortcakes
Sort By :
I make this often when company comes over. They look at it, and are so impressed-it looks like I slaved away in the kitchen. (Not about to tell them how easy it was...) Taste is awesome.
Outstanding! Tastes like a flufy shortbread cookie. Melts in your mouth!
We thought this was really good and very rich, but I used coconut cream instead of the heavy whipping cream as I am lactose intolerant. I also didn't see the need to brush the tops with the Tablespoon of butter as they were very greasy without it and the sugar stuck just fine.
this recipe only made six for me (using their 1/3 cup measurement for each biscuit) but that was plenty. packed lots of flavor!