Chocolate Chip Sprinkle Cookies Recipe
Whenever I used to make cookies, my three boys would always find something they didn't like about them. After some trial and error, I finally came up with a cookie they all enjoyed. —Heidi Cretens, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup colored sprinkles
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 7-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 201 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC