Chocolate Chip Soybean Cookies
This super snack is crisp, sweet and nutritious. Our grandson Timothy is a big fan of these cookies.Pat Waymire, Yellow Springs, Ohio
48 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup soy flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups roasted unsalted soybean nuts, chopped
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating
- well after each addition. Beat in milk and vanilla. Combine flours,
- baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in
- chocolate chips and soybean nuts. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart
- onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until
- lightly browned. Yield: 8 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 228 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.