Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Spread half of the batter into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over chips. Spread with remaining batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 515 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Cake
"Just took it out of oven. Smells heavenly. can't wait to try it.The best. 5 stars"
"Really good warm, right out of the oven with a glass of milk! The cinnamon flavor comes through very well. I made it with dairy-free margarine and soy sour cream so my 5 year old son could have it and he loves it!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.