This cake delightfully combines the flavors of chocolate and cinnamon. Enjoy this dessert with dinner and use leftovers the next day as a handy snack.—Sue Reichenbach, Langhorne, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over chips. Spread with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Cake in Taste of Home August/September 1998, p13
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review