Instant pudding mix and cake mix cut the preparation time for this delicious cake that is loaded with grated chocolate chips. I often make it for weekend guests and work luncheons. It always goes over well.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, grated, divided
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips and half of the grated chocolate.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with remaining grated chocolate while slightly warm. Cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Snack Cake in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p32
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Snack Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review