Chocolate Chip Snack Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, grated, divided
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips and half of the grated chocolate.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Sprinkle with remaining grated chocolate while slightly warm. Cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 396 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Snack Cake
"I make this cake regularly for work and home. Everyone raves about the taste and it's so easy to make."
"Really good and couldn't be simpler. Family loved it and this would be good for potlucks and get togethers because it's so fast and easy and is really delicious. A winner!!!"
"This is delicious. I made it to donate for a cake walk at our church carnival and it smelled so good cooking, my family insisted I make one for them as well, so I had to turn around and make another one."
"This was easy and you'd never know you used a cake mix in it. A nice quick cake!"
"havent tried it yet but it looks good. I wondered tho why the picture looks like it has a bottom layer of choc."
"This cake looked great and tasted great too. Everyone in my family liked it."
"I made this cake for my husband to take to work. His email to me "Everyone loves the snack cake. I walked into Nancy's cube this morning eating one and told her I brought chocolate chip snack cake and she practically ran to get one""