Chocolate Chip Scones Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, combine egg and cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 6-8 times. Pat into a 6-in. circle. Cut dough into 6 wedges. Separate wedges and place 1 in. on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 scones.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 241 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Scones
"Great recipe. I used half and half as I didn't have whipping cream and I used more than 3 tablespoons as the batter was just too dry. It only made 4 but this was just perfect for daughter and me."
"These are so simple and completely perfect! I replaced the chips with blueberries and they were awesome. I don't need another scone recipe!"
"This is my go-to recipe for scones. They're always perfect."
"I added 1/4 cup toasted almonds and 1/2 tsp. almond extract which made them BEST!"
"My son made these for a 4-H fair and got a blue ribbon and an Award of Merit on them. We will definitely make these again."