Chocolate Chip Scones
These scones are delicious warm, served with butter, when the chips are melted and gooey.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in
- butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl,
- combine egg and cream; stir into dry ingredients just until
- moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 6-8 times. Pat into a 6-in.
- circle. Cut dough into 6 wedges. Separate wedges and place 1 in. on
- an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or
- until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
- Yield: 6 scones.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 241 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.