These scones are delicious warm, served with butter, when the chips are melted and gooey.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, combine egg and cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 6-8 times. Pat into a 6-in. circle. Cut dough into 6 wedges. Separate wedges and place 1 in. on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 scones.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Scones in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p265
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Scones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review