These buttery bars combine the magical duo of chocolate and raspberry. My husband found this recipe in a farm paper, so I made it. The results were out of this world. —Bev Cudrak, Coaldale, Alberta
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg and extract just until moistened. Set aside 1 cup crumb mixture for topping.
- Press the remaining mixture into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Spread with jam and sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with semisweet chips. Return to the oven for 30 seconds or until chips are glossy. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Raspberry Bars in Country Woman November/December 2006, p37
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Raspberry Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review