Chocolate Chip Raspberry Bars
These buttery bars combine the magical duo of chocolate and raspberry. My husband found this recipe in a farm paper, so I made it. The results were out of this world. —Bev Cudrak, Coaldale, Alberta
40 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture
- resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg and extract just until
- moistened. Set aside 1 cup crumb mixture for topping.
- Press the remaining mixture into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Spread with jam and sprinkle with
- reserved crumb mixture. Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until golden
- Sprinkle with semisweet chips. Return to the oven for 30 seconds or
- until chips are glossy. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into
- bars. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 112 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.