Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash ground allspice
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the egg, brown sugar, pumpkin, milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
"Absolutely delicious and so easy to make! A keeper for sure!"
"No changes to this one except to sprinkle the tops with raw sugar before baking. My kid absolutely loved them. Will do them up as minis next time!"
"These are amazing I used white chocolate made it taste like icing inside so good!!"
"Taste fabulous, super easy to make! Only problem I had was that 1/3 of the muffins stuck to the paper wrappers and the kids were eating the wrappers trying to get the muffins off. Next time I won't use them."
"Great combination of my two favorite things."
"Also ~ I doubled the amount of chocolate chips, using regular size milk chocolate chips."
"SO GOOD! Make them now!~ Theresa"
"This is an excellent recipe! I've made several batches, as instructed, and they are wonderful, perfect every time. Also, to make them more diabetic friendly for my Mother, I made a couple of batches that I substituted Splenda Brown Sugar, and used a full cup of raisins in place of the chocolate chips. My Mom loves them! Thank you for a wonderful recipe!"
"This is very easy recipe to make and is very tasty as well. I will make this again anytime. Received many compliments from family, friends and coworkers :)"
"I was looking for a deeper pumpkin flavor. with only 3/4 cup pumpkin it was a very mild addition. great texture though"
"My whole family loves these muffins. They are equally good hot or cold. The leftovers stay incredibly moist."
"Thank you for this delicious recipe! I got about 40 mini-muffins out of it and they made DELICIOUS gifts!! They turned out perfect."
"I made this recipe today, but instead of muffins, I thinned out the batter with a bit more milk, added a crumb topping a baked in 2 9" cake pans,turning it into a coffee cake. The family loved it!Dannette"
"Can be frozen for quick breakfasts or snacks later."
"This is awesome!"