As a fun alternative to pumpkin pie, I often make these easy drop cookies. The chocolate chips and harvest-fresh goodness make them special enough for a holiday dessert.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add pumpkin, oil, eggs, milk and vanilla; beat on medium speed until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 13-14 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p31
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review