- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin, beating well after each addition. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter in half. Stir melted chocolate into one portion. In a well-greased 10-in. fluted tube pan, sprinkle 1/2 cup pecans. Spoon chocolate batter over pecans; top with pumpkin batter. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake at 325° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake
Sort By :
"So good! Made it for a friend's birthday. It was a major hit! Needs to cool longer than 15 minutes though!"
"This is one of my absolute favorite recipes and have been making it for a few years. It turns out great every time. The combination of pumpkin and chocolate are perfect. I wouldn't change a thing! I receive many compliments on this."
"I love the combination of pumpkin and chocolate. I did substitute pumpkin pie spice for the cinnamon and thought it gave it a little more zip. I will definitely make this recipe again."
"So moist & tasty. Love the pumpkin/chocolate combination. This is a fall favorite of ours."